Tuesday 5 July 2011

A Second Sight Profile - 'Drawing Sound - Eno's Paintings'


I have just carried out another Second Sight workshop at Fabrica, in response to their current exhibition 77 million paintings by Brian Eno (guest artistic director of The Brighton Festival). I set up Second Sight in 2002, now my longest running workshop, with some of the participants regularly attending since day one. Second Sight offers a multi sensory approach to experiencing each exhibition, which begins with my verbal description of the work, explaining how it looks. In addition to this I introduce sounds, materials, even smell and tastes to offer further multiple ways in to the work. For some my interpretation is a necessity, to others it becomes another dimension to their experience of the work that they are interested in having............

Click here to read on http://deadrabbit-ablog.blogspot.com/2010/04/drawing-sound-enos-paintings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment